- Now that you have a deeper understanding of the different learning theories and learning styles, how has your view on how you learn changed?
- Now that I have a deeper understanding of all the different learning theories that we have learned about this semester, I have learned so much more about why people learn the way that they do. I have learned that based on the way that I learn throughout school I now have a lot more insight on why I learn the way that I do. I am a very hands-on, kinesthetic learner. I need to move and experience what I am learning in order to thoroughly learn it. I have always known that I needed to be involved in my learning so my view on the way that I learn has not really changed. I need movement, visual, and auditor examples and activities when I am learning. Understanding my learning styles has helped me be a better teacher by providing activities that help my students learn in the way that they learn best. I have learned that everyone learns differently and that there is nothing wrong with my learning styles or anyone else’s and that as educators we must make provide activities so that all students learn.
- What have you learned about the various learning theories and learning styles over the past weeks that can further explain your own personal learning preferences?
- I have learned a lot about all the various learning styles and learning theories over the past weeks that really can further explain my learning preferences. I have learned that many of the different learning theories and learning styles I do not just use one of the learning styles and theories when I learn. I have learned that I need hands-on, auditory, and visual learning styles to learn best. I learned that there is no right or wrong way to learn based on these learning theories and styles it is whatever fits your needs the best is. I learned that I am a very kinesthetic learner and learn best in a very hands-on learning environment. What I have learned is that everyone learns differently. Some of my students are auditory learners, some are visual learners, some are kinesthetic learners, and some are a combination of the different learning styles. Since I teach physical education, I understand that I must incorporate verbal and visual instructions and not just kinesthetic for those students who need to hear and see the instructions for an activity.
- What role does technology play in your learning (i.e., as a way to search for information, to record information, to create, etc.)?
- Technology plays a huge role in the way that I learn. Since I am no longer on campus, technology is the only medium that I have to reach out to other students and teachers. When I am trying to learn something new, the first thing I do is search for information using the internet. However, this class has also played a huge role in the way I learn while using technology, because I have learned how to use blogs. I have also learned how to create a blog, as well as communicate with fellow classmates while using the blog and the Social Learning Theory. Through the Social Learning Theory, I have learned a lot of great ways during this course to use technology in my learning. One of the biggest things that I have learned in this class is that you can learn just as much from the information online from your own classmates on your blogs, discussions, etc. Learning from others is more fun and effective I have found. At first I had a difficult time creating my blog, but I worked with classmates and experimented with different blog creators and I learned how to use wordpress. I have learned from the assignments that we have taken part in and from the other students’ blogs. At first I was a little scared and hesitant about on-line classes, but I now see how using blogs and technology are an excellent way to learn such as in an online class and using the Social Learning Theory. I feel that I still need to practice and create more on my blog page to thoroughly understand everything that I can do with it.